Sunday, December 30, 2012

Here's an idea...or two?

Some of you may know about our previous joints with HaruHime (haruhime.net) right? Well as Haru and Hime have disappeared from the world, and their projects are no longer being released, unless it was a joint with another group that scanned, I was thinking on Possibly taking over Mairunovich.

Normally I would ask to do this, but I haven't been able to contact either owners nor the staff. SO I see it as free game. The only issue now, is buying the volumes needed. Right now there are 7 volumes released in Japan. HaruHime released the entire volume 1, and 90% of volume 2. As much as I would like to save money on manga, we need to have volume 2 for the last chapter.

I checked my normal sites for free raws, and none were found. If anyone out there can either find some or knows of decent Chinese raws (and we can get a Chinese > English translator) that would be great. Otherwise, it's looking like for volumes 2-4 I would be spending roughly $60 after shipping.

So I guess our goal now is to get at least $60 worth of donations so I can buy those guys. I really don't want to see this series go on hiatus =/ I like it lol. Oh and if anyone knows of another group who plans on continuing it, lemme know - and I won't go ahead with this plan. Until I hear otherwise, we are on our way for Mairunovich!

Ah and one more thing, I will be re-releasing Urashima. It's a whopping two volumes long, and I've had people mention they want to finish reading it. Plus I have the volumes sitting here collecting dust so why not lol.

♥ Yukiko

3 comments:

  1. That'd be awesome if you could do that! Love and miss this manga so much.
    I've been looking for updates but it doesn't seem like any other teams are interested in this project.
    You're getting my hopes up. (=^w^=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just randomly came across this today, but this is run by the staff of haruhime who can't contact the admins and they are doing mairunovich: http://hhmatteiru.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you don't have to worry about spending money on volume 2 of Mairu at least haha. Matteiru will take care of at least that. As for the rest of the volumes, you're right about the whole fair game business.
    ~holanio

    ReplyDelete